Check this page regularly for ‘last minute specials’ and ‘unique offers’. You can also sign up to our newsletter to receive regular updates and offers.
European Classics 2019 – Amsterdam to Brussels
13-Day Road Cycling Full of European wonder!
Join us for an extensive 14 day tour of ‘classic cycling’ in Holland and Belgium, including a short side trip into Northern France.
This trip is jam-packed with highlights:
- The old Dutch towns and windmills near the Ijsselmeer, the biggest lake in Holland which used to be part of the Zuiderzee (South Sea).
- The rolling hills of beautiful Limburg and this region’s steep, narrow climbs that are part of the Amstel Gold Race.
- Classic rides: Liège to Bastogne and Ghent to Wevelgem.
- The beautiful valleys, ancient towns and gastronomic delights of the Belgian Ardennes.
- Following the wheeltracks of the Tour of Flanders (Ronde van Vlaanderen) race – a Belgian national obsession.
- Visit to the Tour of Flanders museum.
- Serene country lanes connecting old Flemish villages and picturesque farmland lined with impressive windmills.
- Training rides of cycling great, Eddy Merckx.
- Cobblestones of the famous Paris-Roubaix race, finishing at the Roubaix Velodrome.
- The poignant and beautiful city of Ypres with its nearby memorials for ANZAC soldiers from World War I.
- Visit to the New Zealand memorial to the Battle of Passchendaele (near Zonnebeke).
Holland might be small and very flat, but it is a cyclists dream. There are the famous canals and impressive art collections of Amsterdam, the springtime tulip fields, the lush countryside, windmills galore and many old Dutch towns.
Belgium is a giant when it comes to its lively culture and scenic rolling landscapes. It’s unique location has helped the country become a crossroads of cultures and languages.
Our tour includes small sections of five classic European races. But each day we’ll stop at some of the cultural highlights in each region. You’ll stay in carefully selected hotels and great local cuisine will be on offer throughout the tour.
Some of you will cycle door-to-door (around 100 km per day), but others will prefer a morning ride of 40 km–60 km followed by a transfer to the hotel in the early afternoon.
Although our route is mainly flattish with some rolling hills, we can offer the keen roadies a taste of some of the region’s classic climbs.
Mostly you will ride on sealed roads or bike paths, usually away from busy traffic. But we’ve also selected some cobblestoned paths for those wanting a unique challenge!
The support vehicle is always available for those preferring less time in the saddle.
Non-cycling partners are also very welcome.
- Holland and Belgium – 14-day Tour 16th to 29th June 2019
- Tour price was
€4285; Tour Special €3845